The ProcedureVeneers are thin laminates, custom-made to recreate the natural look of your teeth. Before they are applied over the surface of your chipped or uneven tooth, we first reduce a thin layer of enamel (0.5mm) from your teeth before placing the veneers, so your teeth won’t look or feel bulky. We then take a digital impression so we can customise the appropriate shape and size of your veneers using computer software.
Porcelain Veneers – The Benefits
- Porcelain veneers can mimic the light-reflecting quality and texture natural teeth have, making them a highly accurate substitute!
- Porcelain material is also highly resistant to stubborn stains that come from cigarette smoke, coffee, tea, and wine. This is an advantage because you no longer have to worry about further discolouration.
- Because porcelain veneers come in a variety of shades of white, your veneers can be made to a shade of white closest to yours so you can achieve the most natural smile, or they can be made to brighten your smile!
Are veneers right for you?Veneers can help if you have gaps between your teeth, discolouration, chips, cracks, and even minor misalignment. They can provide you with numerous benefits, especially when you:
- Want to whiten your smile – Dental veneers can easily whiten your smile and fix discolouration from years of drinking coffee and other highly pigmented food. If you don’t want to bleach your teeth, you can easily go for veneers instead as they are highly stain-resistant.
- Want to correct a cosmetic problem – If you have slightly crooked or gapped teeth, veneers can help in correcting these small aesthetic glitches. Unlike braces that change the position of your teeth, veneers camouflage minor gaps and chips without the need for metal brackets!
- Want to replace damaged enamel – Enamel can also be worn down by highly acidic food if you don’t pay close attention to your dental hygiene. Because enamel doesn’t simply grow back, it needs to be replaced. Veneers are an excellent solution to replace tooth enamel.
- Are willing to invest – While veneers give amazing results, getting them comes with a cost you have to be willing to pay for. The price for the procedure will vary based on your location and the number of teeth you want to restore. One thing to keep in mind is that getting veneers is an investment. With proper care, your veneers can last 10-15 years.
- Suffer from severely decayed teeth
- Have large fillings
- Are prone to teeth grinding
- Are not keen on increased teeth sensitivity
- Dislike irreversible procedures
Know your options with Naenae Dental Clinic!
The decision to get veneers will vary for every patient, as you have to consider factors such as their oral health, budget, and end goals for the procedure. that’s why the next best step is to discuss with your dentist whether veneers are right for you. We at Naenae Dental Clinic offer several cosmetic dentistry procedures, and are committed to helping you find the most suitable treatment plan for your teeth. Book a consultation with the best dentist in Wellington today!